Webinar on Zakat Al-Mal Computation
June 10, 2020
Zakat is one of the five pillars of Islam that obligates Muslims who own wealth at or above a certain threshold (called the Nisab) to pay a portion of that wealth. Our main purpose of this webinar is to look into the different practical issues faced in computing Zakat Al-Mal by individuals, sole proprietors, companies and other legal bodies.
Area of Focus
The webinar will cover the following areas of interest:
- Calculation of Zakat al-Mal
- The obligation of the shareholders of a company
- Zakat on personal and business assets
- Treatment on Kids Saving Accounts
- Treatment of accumulated funds held in pension fund
- Zakat computation for those who do not maintain records
- Treatment of unpaid Zakat for previous years
- Other practical issues faced
Who Should Attend
The webinar is targeted at sole proprietors, directors, shareholders and other individuals.
Language of Delivery
The webinar will be conducted in Dhivehi.
Date and Duration
The duration of the webinar is expected to be 60 minutes. It will take place on 14 June 2020 at 9:00 pm.
Once registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
If you have any questions on the registration or the webinar, please contact us at i[email protected] or call on +960 7993364 or +960 7783337